Monday, March 24, 2014

Skyrim

Let me guess...did someone steal your sweetroll?
No, you sonuva b****. I never had a sweetroll.

    Another thing you must know about me is I love to join bandwagons after the wagon has been dismounted. There's a lot less annoying noise when you join something before or after everyone. I can go my own pace, enjoy my time, etc. 

    I was pretty happy to find a used version of the game for $14. I thought, now is the time, and bought it. When I booted it up, I was amazed at the beautiful scenery. It's not very often a game gets me to pause and look around in awe. (Pretty sure the Bioshock series is one of the only few to do so.) Obviously I already knew it would take me half an hour just to decide on a race and what she'd look like. 

Sims creator, anyone?
    Of course, after I'd chosen Woof Elf and found the appropriate name for her (Dessa), I began my quest in whatever the hell I was supposed to do first.

    Once I got to Whiterun and joined the Companions, I really started to see why people were so obsessed with this game. There's so many quests to do (I swear I got 20 going right now. Sometimes it's too much for me) so it's not like you never have anything to do. There are some glitches here and there that are hilarious and some that are super frustrating. 
    
    My favorite thing ever right now *SPOILER* is when Kematu subdued the traitor by petrifying her and she falls like a plank with her arms crossed. It's still giving me so much life.

    
-Bewitched nose wiggle-
    I killed my first Wooly mammoth by cheating. And by cheating I mean standing on high ground and shooting it with arrows for 5 minutes until it died. Yeah, we aren't doing that again. But it got my quest done.

   I appreciate the game for what it is; one of the best western rpgs ever created. The leveling up system is soooo much better than Oblivion was. It's overwhelming how many skills you can choose, though. There's a giant spider web of stuff but at least they limit you by how much of that skill you've acquired.

    All-in-all it's a really great game and worth all the praise it received. It's super addictive and really fun to run about the open world. I definitely recommend it to those who refused it beforehand because of all the 'arrow to the knee' memes. It's a fun game.


No comments:

Post a Comment