Monday, August 13, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

Quite literally
 
    The Dark Knight Rises was everything it should have been. There may have been a plot hole here or there but it wasn't hard to just accept and move on because...well...Batman.

    I was pleasantly surprised by Catherine Hathaway's version of Catwoman. She was way less literal and obvious about the whole cat thing and it definitely worked with this version of Batman. I don't really have much of an opinion on Bane other than his cartoony voice was splendid. Someone that terrifying having a ridiculous voice just kind of adds onto the terrifying. The plot twist was a bit obvious to me but I'll let it slide.

eheeeeheheheee

    The only thing that really bothered me was the amount of senseless killing in this movie. There was a TON of it. I'm not usually bothered by it in movies due to desensitization but it was very in your face. I feel like it wouldn't have been as good as it was otherwise but it was definitely a bit difficult to stomach. 

    The entire movie had me emotionally compromised which isn't something I'd love to admit. It was just that good. By the time the movie was over I felt a sense of closure and hope for what future projects it may inspire. I'm just not quite sure what to do with my life now that the trilogy is done. Here's to waiting for the next person to pick up Batman and make it just as good or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment